Tutorial 07 : Spatial Groups
- Grouping displays results in a “soft lock” of their common pitches.
- A group has a maximum of 8 different pitches. You should only group displays that share enough pitches to fit.
- The source display’s cache window summarizes all the pitches in the group in Group Notes of ascending order.
- Use the select note and tap/alt tap key method on Group Notesto move them as a group. Dragging and dropping from one key to the other will function as usual.
- Muting or changing the Sample Preset of a Group Notewill affect all notes of the same pitch in the group.
- Grouping displays locks certain features (meter, play/stop, line handle…) of the displays in the group.
- Tap the sphere when a group is active to access group options.
Not mentioned in the video tutorial is the Lock/Unlock Mutes feature in group options. If mutes are locked, muting and unmuting a Group Note will toggle all mutes of that pitch from all muted to mutes distribution when lock mutes was activated.
Example – Consider a group of 3 patterns, notes in parenthesis are muted :
Pattern 1 : AB(c)
Pattern 2 : CBA(c)D
Pattern 3 : ABCD
Group Notes (displayed in the Source Display’s cache window) : ABCD (all pitches in the group, in ascending order)
If mutes are locked, muting Group Note C will mute every C, unmuting will unmute all Cs but the ones which were muted when activating Lock Mutes.